Learn more about the ZTE Velocity Hotspot
Table of Contents
1. How to USB tether to your hotspot
- Connect the Micro USB wire
- Smaller side connects to the device
- Larger Side connects to the USB port of your laptop or computer
- It will automatically install the appropriate software for the drivers via the hotspot.
- A computer reboot may be necessary once it is installed.
- Once the installation is complete, the hotspot will be available to use without having Wi-Fi. You will be able to reach its contents as well if it has a MicroSD card inserted.
- Press Settings -> File Sharing -> Share Mode (ensure there is a MicroSD card inserted) -> USB Only
2. How to Change Wi-Fi Information
- From the Wi-Fi home screen, press ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Edit Main Wi-Fi’.
- Adjust all the desired information.
- Press ‘Apply’.
- Tap ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to the warning that comes up.
- It will disconnect all connected devices. They will need to resign up once more to the new network name and password.
3. How to Connect Portable Devices to hotspot
- Open the Wi-Fi settings by pressing – Menu -> Settings -> Wi-Fi.
- Find and press on the desired hotspot name.
- Insert the password.
- Press ‘Connect’
4 – How to View the Connected Devices on the Hotspot
- Press Wi-Fi on the main screen.
- Then press ‘Connected Devices’.
- The devices will be displayed.
- To view their information, tap on their name.
5 – How to See Data Usage
- The Data Usage is visible on the main screen.
- Or, do the following:
- Press ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘Data Usage’
- View the usage.
- To set a alert when nearing the total, press ‘Data Alert’.
- To adjust after how much data usage to get alerted, press the plus and minus icons.
- Press ‘Save.
6 – How to Set Up Guest Wi-Fi
- Tap ‘Wi-Fi’
- Press ‘Guest Wi-Fi Network’
- Turn it to the ON position
- View the guest Wi-Fi details as well as it’s password.
- Press ‘OK’
Guest Wi-Fi is the capability to grant a user a one time access to the hotspot. The password is unique to that time and there can be a cap of how long they can be connected.
7 – How to hide the Wi-Fi Username and Password from the Hotspot’s Main Screen
- Press ‘Settings’.
- Next, tap ‘Display’.
- Tap on ‘Wi-Fi Details on Home’.
- Press ‘Hide’.
The details will now be hidden from view on the main screen unless this setting gets undone.
8 – How to Adjust Wi-Fi Range
- Press ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Tap ‘Wi-Fi Range’.
- Adjust the range.
The longer the range, the more battery it will use. Therefore, to save battery power, lower the Wi-Fi signal range.
9 – How to Block a Connect Wi-Fi User
- First, Tap on ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Then, tap on ‘Connected Devices’.
- Next, open the user you desire to block.
- Press ‘Block’.
10 – How to See Hotspot Information Such as the IMEI and Software Version
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Press ‘About Your Device’.
- See wireless number, software version as well as IMEI.