Learn more about the Netgear Unite Pro 781s
Table of Contents
1. How to Connect a Portable Device to Wi-Fi
Read the steps to take to connect a smartphone to the hotspots Wi-Fi. For information on your specific device, read its manual.
- Open the Wi-Fi settings on the device, via Apps -> Settings -> Wi-Fi.
- Enable ‘Wi-Fi’ by on pressing the toggle button.
- To see available Wi-Fi’s, press on ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Choose the hotspot name as a Wi-Fi to connect to.
- Type in the password as was set on the hotspot.
- Tap ‘Connect’ or ‘OK’.
2. How to View the Connected Devices
- On the hotspots screen, press ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Then press ‘Devices’.
- View connected devices.
- To view more information about a device, press on its name. The IP and MAC will then be visible.
3. How to See Signal Strength and Data Service
Conveniently there is a notification bar that has this information right at hand. It will tell you the signal strength and network name as well as the data connection the device has (ex: 4G).
4. How to View or edit the Hotspots Wi-Fi Name and Password
- From the main screen, press ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Then press ‘Main Wi-Fi’.
- Here you may edit the Wi-Fi name or password by pressing ‘Edit’ -> ‘Continue -> edit it -> ‘Enter’ to save.
5. How to Set Up Guest Wi-Fi
Guest Wi-Fi allows a one time guest to sign up with a personalized password.
- Press ‘Wi-Fi’ while on the home screen.
- Press ‘Guest Wi-Fi’.
- Toggle on the guest Wi-Fi to turn it on.
- Tap the ‘X’.
- Adjust the number of devices that you allow to sign up to the guest network.
- Press ‘Continue’.
- You may edit the Wi-Fi name and password for guests. Press ‘Edit Icon’ -> ‘Continue’ -> Edit the name -> ‘Enter’ -> ‘X’ -> ‘Continue’.
- An automatic password can be generated each time. Check off the checkbox on the bottom of the page near ‘New Password Each Session’
- To turn off guest Wi-Fi, toggle the bar at the top once more to the OFF position.
6. How to USB Tether to Your Hotspot
For devices that won’t connect to Wi-Fi, such as a computer, USB tethering is a great way to connect via a cable.
- Press ‘Settings’.
- Then, press ‘USB Tethering’.
- Tap the toggle bar near ‘USB Tethering’ to the ON position.
- Press ‘Continue’.
- Connect the cable to both the hotspot and the device (computer).
- The computer will then automatically install the correct drivers for the hotspot. You may need to start your computer after the installation.
- USB tethering is now active.
7. How to Extend Hotspot’s Battery Life
There are a couple ways to extend or make the most of your devices battery life.
- Fully charge your device before using it the first time.
- When the device is not in use, turn it off by holding down the power button and pressing ‘Shutdown’.
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi as well as Guest Wi-Fi can help use up the battery. Therefore you should disable them when not in use.
- Adjust the screen brightness. Go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Display’ -> ‘Screen Brightness’.
- Adjust the Wi-Fi range. Press on ‘Wi-Fi -> ‘Options’ -> ‘Wi-Fi Range’.
- Shorten the screen time out, by going to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Wi-Fi’ -> ‘Wi-Fi Standby’ .
- Keep in mind that the less devices connected, the less battery will get consumed.
8. How to Block or Unblock Devices From Connecting to the Hotspot
To block a device:
- Go to ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Press ‘Devices’.
- Tap ‘Blocked List’
- Toggle the bar to the ON position.
- Press ‘X’ if prompted.
- Go back to ‘Devices’ screen.
- Press the arrow next the device you desire to block.
- Press ‘Block Device’.
- Tap ‘Continue Block’ to confirm.
- Press the ‘X’ if prompted once more.
To unblock a device:
- Do steps 1-3.
- Tap on the desired device.
- Press ‘Unblock’.
- Tap the ‘X’ if prompted.
9. How to See Hotspot Information
- Press on ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘About Device’.
- Press ‘Device Information’.
- Here you may see the device’s wireless number in addition to more device information.